Click here to ask me random questions.
At work, nothing to do. Just plannin’ my secular wedding, brushing up on facts for my interview in Denver, finding a female wedding officiate, ignoring power plays by coworkers/future in-laws/others and in doing so effectively trolling them, helping plan my fiance’s bachelor party (cause, needs more strippers), and waiting for my lettuce wrap from Jimmy Johns.
And then I found this:
My day could not be going better.
In no particular order, I’ve:
1.Been waiting for grad school responses.
2. Had a phone interview with UConn, and am entirely unsure if I bombed it terribly or if I did ok.
3. Been told we’re finally starting data collection for one of my labs and I’ll be doing it on Tuesday by myself.
4. Have been asked to systematically check all references in an in progress 50ish page chapter and add missing references to the reference page.
5. Started teaching a intro to Spanish class where I volunteer once a week.
6. Have been given 365 data packets to double check coding.
7. Finished 165 of those data packets.
8. Found an awesome photographer for my wedding.
9. Decided fuck it, I want a secular wedding.
10. Existential religion crisis.
11. Cancelled my previous wedding location at the church I grew up at and cancelled with the priest.
12. Found a place I actually want to get married (old house with huge garden) and signed the papers.
13. Found and then lost two different people to officiate the wedding.
14. Came out to one of my co-workers to make her stop saying homophobic things around me. Enjoyed her face.
15. Trying new makeup/hair with the goal to look good if I do get an interview but not have to cut my hair since I’m trying to grow it out.
16. Been cornered awkwardly and told I don’t make enough effort as a friend because I never go out.
17. Rolled my eyes a lot and went out with people who DON’T corner me and tell me I’m a shitty friend.
18. Alternated not eating bread products or dairy with stuffing my face with bread products and dairy. Lost 3 pounds somehow.
19. Read 10 different articles on Health Psych/PTSD related stuff and about 100 pages of my Couples and Illness book.
I feel like I’m more busy now than I have been in the past year. I’m also happier.
It’s Spring Break, and I’ve been working in the office every day from 9:00-5:00. I’m bored to death. Thus: tumblr explosion. Sorry for spamming everyone’s dashboards.
I couldn’t do a 9-5:00 job as my career. I think I’d jump in front of a bus if I had to. I’ve already asked my boss for tomorrow afternoon off so I can get outside and enjoy the day for a change.